Jaywan Chung (정재환)
Department of Mathematical Sciences, KAIST
(Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
335 Gwahangno, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, 305-701, Republic of Korea
Office location: Industrial Engineering & Management B/D Room No.3215
E-mail: jaywan.chung -at- gmail -dot- com
Course: MAS501 Course Homepage, Spring 2011.
Lecture Note: Differential Equations in MATLAB 7, 2012 Korea PDE Winter School.
- Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences, KAIST, February 2011 (Advisor: Yong Jung Kim)
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics, KAIST, February 2007
- B.S. in Mathematics, KAIST, February 2005
- Partial Differential Equations
- Long-time Asymptotics for Diffusion Equations
- Nodal Sets of Laplacian
- Buckling analysis of Plates
- November 1, 2012 - : Post-doctoral Fellow in Laboratoire J.-L. Lions, UPMC (Paris 6), France; Funded by the Foundation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris.
- February 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012: Adjunct Professor in Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, KAIST, Korea.
- March 1, 2011 - Present: BK21 Post-doctoral Fellow in Natural Science Research Institute, KAIST, Korea.
- February 7, 2011 - June 7, 2011: Adjunct Professor in Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, KAIST, Korea.
Publications and Preprints
- Long-time Asymptotics of the Zero Level Set for the Heat Equation, Quart. Appl. Math. 70 (2012) 705-720. journal
- Relative Newtonian potentials of radial functions and asymptotics in nonlinear diffusion, with Yong-Jung Kim, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 43 (2011) 1975-1994. journal
- Asymptotic agreement of moments and higher order contraction in the Burgers equation, with Eugenia Kim and Yong-Jung Kim, J. Differential Equations 248 (2010) 2417-2434. journal
A study of characteristics for a spiral coil type ground heat exchanger, with SKhan Park, Seung-Rae Lee, Hyunku Park and Seok Yoon, submitted to Computers and Geotechnics.
Presentations and Conference Participation
- Poisson's Equation and the Steady State Temperature in the Heat Equation, BK21 Post-doc seminar, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, May 14, 2012.
- Differential Equations in MATLAB 7, The 2nd Korea PDE Winter School, National Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Daejeon, Korea, January 10 & 12, 2012. (4hrs. Lecture); Lecture note is available.
- Introduction to Porous Medium Equation, BK21 Post-doc seminar, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, December 12, 2011.
- Perturbation Method for Proportional Navigation Guidance, ADD Project seminar, Kensington Resort, Gyeongju, Korea, April 22, 2011. (20 min. talk)
- Number of Zeros and Heat Equation on the Real Line, BK21 Post-doc seminar, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, April 14, 2011. (20 min. talk)
- Long-time Asymptotics of the Zero Level Set for the Heat Equation, Canadian Mathematical Society Winter Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, December 5, 2010.
- Long-time Asymptotics of the Zero Level Set for the Heat Equation, a talk in KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, November 10, 2010.
- Long-time Asymptotics of the Zero Level Set for the Heat Equation, a talk in Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, November 1, 2010.
- Potential Comparison and L1-Convergence Order for the PME and p-Laplacian Equation, The 7th AIMS International Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, USA, May 19, 2008.
- Homing Guidance Loop Design and Analysis Based on Confluent Hypergeometric Kummer Differential Equation, Korean Agency for Defense Development, July 2010-February 2011.
- Virtual Resistive Network & a Development of an Anisotropic Conductivity Reconstruction Method for a Medical Imaging, Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, May 2009-February 2011.
- Evolution of Radial Solutions in Compressible Fluid Dynamics: Asymptotics and Regularity at the Origin, Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, May 2007-February 2009.
- Development of Semi-analytical Methods for Ultimate Strength Analysis of Stiffened Panels, Korean Register of Shipping, September 2006-August 2007.
- Development of Potential Comparison Technique and Convergence Study in Several Nonlinear Dynamics, Korea Research Foundation, July 2006-June 2007.
- "Calculus I" Instructor, KAIST, Spring 2012; Taught to 67 undergraduate students in English.
- "Analysis for Engineers" Instructor, KAIST, Spring 2011; Taught graduate course to 24 students.
- "Real Analysis" TA, KAIST, Spring 2009
- Freshman Design Course TA, KAIST, Spring 2009; Led a project with 5 students.
- Creative Global Leader Camp TA, KAIST, Summer 2007; Led two projects with a dozen high school students.
- "Introduction to Partial Differential Equations" TA, KAIST, Spring 2007
- Undergraduate Research Participation (URP) program TA, KAIST, Spring 2006
- Teaching Assistant, KAIST, 2005-2009
Last modified on October 24, 2012.